My Blog List

Friday, July 13, 2007

Cherries Gemstones and Starcruizer, Wellington NZ

If have a chance, checkem out, the kinda groups people are sad when they are gone.

and Cherries incarnation as of now is meaaanas, if like Grrlish alt punk etc, sum songs are instant classiks.

Starcruizer are original, can make you move and they don't even have a singer like woa, I don't say these things lightly, just good sounds that rock, as it were, for fans of Spacemen 3 and The Gordons(NZ FNun band.)similar but different if ya catch my drift.

both from Wellington, New Zealand and theres lots of bands I don't rate at all for their unoriginality and disengenuousness, yes it's good to make an effort but when it's good it's good.

I just want people to enjoy and appreciate these groups who aren't 'cool' enough, yet.

I got a tape off one of the members at the pub off the cuff, recorded in a bedroom on a 4 track and was blown away and realised there were no vocals and still loved it and that's not me, saying there was more to the whole package.

Cherries have recordings but this incarnation is ta buzinass, don't get me wrong I'm no fanboy just gushing about stuff I have fallen in love with immediately and their underacheivement and me going wow! doesn't happen very often and I am almost so honest to a default so there ya go, I see no reason in untruth as it's not art bla bla bla, of course theres acting but that is only 'part' of.

anyway, check yourself in for the ride.

No comments: